Friday, December 14, 2007

Weigh In & Razzing!

Today Cal and I went to the Health Unit and had Blake weighed and measured. He now weighs 17 lbs 2 oz and is 26 1/2" long! Smaller than I thought he was! Geez I'd hate to have to lug an 18 lb baby around (soon enought I guess!)!! LOL! I swear we thought he'd gained like a pound since we last weighed him! The health nurse said he's doing great though and that after 6 months of age they expect babies to gain approx. 1/2 lb per month and he gained a bit more than that in 1 month. For weight he is in the 48th percentile and for height he is in the 43rd. When he was born he was in the 35th percentile for weight and by 3 months he was in the 95th for weight and now he seems to be maintaining at around the 50th! And the razzing ... OMG! Soooo... funny! Yesterday Blake spent the whole day razzing. And today - same thing! It's funny because I was just reading in our "What to Expect the First Year" book that most babies by 7 months old are razzing. And sure enough Blake's started! It has also led to him making some different consonant sounds, such as f and d! We're working on dada and moma!!! So all is good and the weather is absolutely beautiful today! Yay!! And Cal is off work today so I'm having a great day with my boys :) Take care!

Tracy

No comments: