Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Thank you!!!

Thank you so much everyone for all of the birthday wishes, gifts and greetings! We have such wonderful family and friends. Blake had fun at his birthday party and on his actual birthday!! Although I think he was a bit overwhelmed at the party at times! There were a few "dinosaurs" loose in the house!!! The party was a dinosaur theme and a few of the little boys transformed into dinosaurs to fit in with the theme! LOL! We had 9 kids in the house and 16 adults! It was a very full house! I thought that Blake would be up late, but he started to appear very tired around 6 pm, so I gave him a bath and thought I'd lay him down but he'd be up again because it was pretty noisy in the house and he'd just consumed a lot of cake, icing and ice cream!! But surprisingly he was out like a light! And I didn't hear from him until the next morning. He was tuckered right out!! Cal and I were both off on Monday and we had a fantastic day with Blake. We went swimming in the morning and had an absolute blast! Blake loves the water so much!! And it was nice that Cal and I were both there, because we took turns going on the water slides!!! It was a lot of fun! Afterwards we went to Booster Juice. Cal and I had a booster juice while Blake had a little snack! Then we went home for lunch and Blake had a nap. After his nap he opened his presents from us and then my Mom and Dad came over for supper. I didn't know what Blake's favorite dinner would be for his birthday so I made a roast with mashed potatoes and carrots (he loves carrots!)! And then of course, we had MORE cake! And boy does Blake ever love cake!! Today at Karen's they had a little party for him too and Karen said when she gave him the cupcake he tried to stuff the whole thing in his mouth!! I was so happy to hear they had a little celebration for him. I thought that was really sweet! They also gave him a little gift! She's so great! So that wraps up his birthday festivities! Yesterday I kept saying to Cal, at this time last year I was .... counting contractions, wondering if I should go to the hospital, going to the hospital, walking laps around the unit, puking, in major pain, in the shower, slipping in the shower, getting an epidural, delivering, Cal cutting the umbilical cord, holding and feeding Blake for the first time, watching Blake under the warmer, etc, etc, etc! I was remembering every wonderful moment! It's so very hard to believe it was a year ago. Children really do speed up time and change your life. We loved him before he was born, and I knew life would change, but what I didn't understand was how strongly you feel that love for your child and how your heart breaks into a million little pieces when your baby is sick or hurt or how proud you are when they do something for the first time. It is wonderful and scary all at the same time! Life will never be the same and I wouldn't want it any other way :)

No comments: