Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Em's 4 month check-up!

Yesterday I called and changed Emerson's doctor's appointment from June 16 to today. I was anxious to get her checked out because of her congestion, coughing, stuffiness, etc.

So we found out that she has reflux. Blake also had reflux when he was a baby, but it just made him spit up, he wasn't really congested. Dr. Radisic said that after Emerson eats a little bit of milk comes up and enters her nasal passages and airway, which is causing her to be stuffed up, cough, etc. He said her lungs and chest are clear. Thank goodness, because I keep thinking she sounds like she has bronchitis or pneumonia. Dr. Radisic said reflux in babies is quite common and usually clears up by 8-9 months. Today Emerson weighed 13 lbs 4 oz (50 percentile). The scales at the health unit and the Dr. office differ so much, but I think the old fashioned one at the Dr. office is more accurate! I didn't hear her length, but Dr. Radisic said it's in the 25 percentile, so she jumped up from the 10 to the 25! Her head circumference is in the 5 percentile, but it did grow, so apparently she just has a little noggin! LOL! It doesn't look small to me, but whatever! I also remember that Blake had a smaller head too as a baby - not quite as small as Em's though!

I can't believe Emerson will be 4 months old next week. I was hoping time might go a little bit slower the second time around, but nope! It's going faster :( When I was pregnant with Emerson I kept telling myself that this time around I'm going to try and remember how small they are as babies, but I already forget how little she was. Just have to enjoy each day and each moment and rely on pictures and video's to trigger my memory!!

Hope everyone's having a great week!

Luv Tracy

2 comments:

Don and Donna said...

Beautiful pictures of our babies! Grandma and Grandpa miss you already:(
Glad Em is okay, no worrisome illness.
Talk Soon!
XOXO

Tina Schell said...

The new pictures look wonderful! Blake looks like such a big boy and Em is just as precious as ever! Glad to hear that all is well! xoxo