Friday, October 23, 2009

Friday Rant!!!

I am so fed up with POO! Sorry if you have a weak stomach and even the mention of that word grosses you out ... but this is our blog AND really ... I'm really, really, really sick and tired of my life revolving around POO!!! lol! Okay, it's not that bad ... but it does seem to be a focus of our everyday life :( Emerson is doing great on the lactulose, which is good, but what's going to happen when the prescription runs out again?? We'll see in a few weeks I guess. Now the problem with both kids, is that they "go" while sleeping and it wakes them up. ARGH!!! Especially Blake ... this past week he has been woken up 3 times about an hour earlier than he would usually get up and I'm pretty sure it's because he has had a dirty diaper. And the same thing has happened with a couple of his naps too. With Emerson it's waking up early from naps. I'm very glad she is more "regular" now, but not so happy with it waking her up! I was talking with Cal today about this situation (see - our free time even revolves around it!!?) and he said that maybe this is a sign that Blake is getting closer to being ready for potty training. I hadn't thought of that, but I think he has a point. Blake's not waking up soaking wet anymore, so maybe that's another sign? I don't' know if I'm just lazy or what, but I'm NOT looking forward to potty training!!!! We decided we'll definitely wait until after our Vegas trip, because the last thing I want is for Blake to have to go to the washroom during take off or a time when we have to have our seat belts on and then soil his pants! That would not be fun!! So maybe when we get back from Vegas we'll look into potty training. He is almost 2 1/2. BUT we don't want to even start potty training until we know he's ready. I've heard too many horror stories of potty training that has gone on for almost a year. He has done both #1 and #2 in the potty, but I think it was more of a novelty :) And to use the special soap!! So that's my Friday rant, just had to get it out ... of course if you know me, you know I tend to exaggerate ... but it has been really annoying! lol!!!

Have a great weekend, I'll probably blog Sunday night :)

Tracy

No comments: