Friday, November 27, 2009

Viva Las Vegas!!

This week has gone by very fast! Emerson is finally feeling better!!! Phew! I could not have imagined taking her to Las Vegas in the state she was in for the past few weeks. She is still dealing with constipation issues, but that just involves tweaking her lactulose doses.

So we are all ready and packed! A few last minute items to throw in the suitcase, but that shouldn't take long! We have to be at the airport at 7 am at the latest, so we hope to leave here around 5:30 am. It's about a 40 minute drive and then we have to park and get to our terminal. I already checked in via the West Jet website and have our boarding passes printed off, so hopefully that will speed things up! We have 3 suitcases and 2 carry on bags. Quite a load, but with 2 kids there is a lot of stuff to bring! Oh, and we have to check Emerson's car seat. My parents took the boys suits, a playpen, a car seat for Blake and a base for Emerson's car seat, so I couldn't imagine having to bring any of that!!

I've talked to and texted my Mom quite a bit and there are quite a few people who have already arrived in Vegas! Sounds like they're having a great time!! Lindsay and Jeremy got their marriage license on Thursday night when they arrived in Vegas and Lindsay had her hair and make-up trial today, which went really good.

We're very excited for the wedding and also to go on a family vacation!! I can't believe my little sister is getting married ... I hope I don't tear up too much during my toast! As I was finishing it tonight I started to tear up, but maybe I'll be so nervous the day of I won't shed a tear!? I am a bit nervous about the flight and the kids ears and their sleeping, but hopefully we'll all survive on a little less sleep and it will all get back to normal once we're home! I know Blake will do fine, he's such a good kid and old enough to understand, but Em's a different story!!! My Mom said the rooms were very nice and the bathrooms are huge, so although this may sound strange, we might put Emerson's playpen in the bathroom of Blake's room and then Cal and I will have our room to ourselves! And we'll just use our bathroom as a bathroom! We're bringing baby monitors, so we'll be able to hear if one of them needs us and the rooms are joined by a door ... we'll see, I'm not going to stress about it ;) It's going to be a blast!!!!

Tonight when I was putting Blake to bed he was pacing his room and running through all the events!! He's so much like Cal ... Pacing with this serious look on his face! He was asking me about Heidi and the truck we're taking to the airport and telling me that he wants to take Dad's truck! I told him we were taking Dad's truck to the airport, getting on an airplane and going to Las Vegas where Grandpa was going to pick us up in Grandpa's truck. But he said he wanted to take Dad's truck! Didn't quite understand that Dad's truck will be far away in Edmonton! Then he was concerned about Heidi going to the kennel so we had to talk about that for awhile. All day he's been hugging Heidi and telling her he's going to miss her :) What a sweetie!!

I better get going here, I have to blow dry and straighten my hair and then catch a few hours sleep before my alarm goes off at 5!! Have a great 5 days everyone and who knows ... if I have time I may blog :) But I'll definitely be on Facebook once or twice!! Talk to you soon ;)

Tracy

2 comments:

Gerry and Lesley said...

You're so organized! Glad everything is set... now for a few more hours and you'll be off to Vegas! I'm sure the kids will do great, no worries. Hopefully Em will fall asleep with the hum of the airplane. Have a wonderful trip and talk to you next week!
Lesley xoxo

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Have fun!! Can't wait for pics!! I'm pretty excited about that!! haha
Love to you all!
J Ry and Austin