Sunday, January 31, 2010

What a weekend!

Potty party day 2 went really, really well!! Blake is doing an awesome job of going potty (both #1 and #2!). We try to take him quite often and he even told us a few times that he had to go! Just one small (like a drop!) accident today! Good job Blake!! Dad and I are sooooo... proud of you buddy:) Grandma and Grandpa D came over for dinner tonight to celebrate Blake's success. We all gave Blake a few small gifts and I baked a cake for him!

Emerson had a big first this weekend too!! She is now doing what I call the "inchworm!!!" She pulls herself along the floor!! I took the kids to the chiropractor on Friday and the Dr. was telling me that she has read research that kids who do not crawl are often less coordinated later in life. She said it's not a big deal if kids don't crawl, but that there are exercises you can do to at least develop that reflex (doesn't necessarily mean they will crawl, but it will ensure they develop the relax associated with crawling!). So I did the exercises with Em on Friday and on Saturday morning! They're seriously like 30 seconds of stretching basically. Not sure if that's what got her going or not?! I actually think it was more her Dad spending a lot of time with her enticing her with his wedding ring!!! She's so funny, I guess you can say in a lot of ways she's very laid back and waits for things to come to her ;) And today is the second time that Emerson didn't nurse at supper time. She's still nursing really well in the morning, so we'll see what happens now! I'm happy that she can self wean, instead of me forcing her!

So now for a bit of a downer ... our awesome day home is no longer :( Karen called me this evening and she will not be able to take the kids. She had a 13 month old start last week and has decided that she does not want more then 1 child under the age of 2 at one time in her day home. It's really too bad, but I do understand. She called earlier in the evening and didn't leave a message, which I found odd and then called again and left a message for me to call her back. So I did ... she felt very bad, but just wanted to be honest and she said she could take 2 kids under the age of 2, but wouldn't feel she could spend an appropriate amount of time with the little ones, never mind the older ones. I'm glad she was honest and she is right, there are day homes out there who take on the maximum number of children and they probably don't give each of the children an adequate amount of attention ... but still ... it sucks to have to start the day home search again. We are glad she made this decision now and not 1 week before I went back to work! Or even worse ... 1 week into my return to work. So that was a sad way to end this awesome weekend, but I believe things turn out the way they're supposed to, so I guess it wasn't meant to be. I'll keep you posted as the search continues :)

All in all it's been an awesome weekend! We are so proud of our little ones and can't believe how fast they're growing up! Have a fantastic week everyone!

xoxo The Cameron's

No comments: