Sunday, May 9, 2010

Wonderful Weekend!!

We've had a great weekend!! Friday morning we left Edmonton. We took Emerson and Heidi to Stony Plain for a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa D's. Cal, Blake and I left for Okotoks around 11:30 am. We made a pit stop at the Cross Iron Mills Mall in Balzac. It's a great mall, we had fun looking around and Blake enjoyed the kids play centre! I imagine all my shopping friends and relatives would go nuts in that mall!! Definately suggest all you shop-a-holics check it out ;) From the mall, we continued on to the Hrdlicka's in Okotoks! I was so excited to see Candace and her family! It didn't take Blake and Nicholas long to get re-aquainted and have some fun. They play so well together. Not sure why, but they get a long very well! Could be because they're only 5 weeks apart in age? We had a nice time visiting and catching up. Saturday afternoon we all headed into Heritage Park in Calgary for "A Day Out With Thomas." Blake saw Thomas puffing down the track and got SO excited!! It was awesome! He had an awesome time running around, checking out the various activites and tents. It was worth every penny! I'm so glad we took him! After our train ride, we said goodbye and left for home. We stopped in Red Deer for dinner and arrived home around 9:30 pm. Thank you again to Candace and Brandon for their hospitality!!! Emerson had a fun time with Grandma and Grandpa! Thankfully, she was very good for them! They enjoyed spending one-on-one, or two-on-one I guess, time with her. We sure missed her though. It was a bit odd not having her with us, although much more relaxing with just Blake!!

This morning (after I got to sleep in!! YAY! Love sleeping in, especially these days!!) we met my Mom, Dad, Emerson and Heidi (who stayed in the car!) at Moxie's for brunch. Brunch was delicious!! After brunch my Mom came over. We hung out outside for awhile and when the kids were napping we went to the mall for pedicures. I love a good pedicure ;) We browsed around a bit and she dropped me off at home! We had a delicious steak dinner! Thanks Mom, Dad, Blake, Emerson and Cal for a wonderful day :) ~ To my Mom, you are an amazing mother and grandmother and an inspiration. I only hope I can one day be the Mom you are to Lindsay and I. I know I'm learning from the best :) ~ Blake and Emerson, words can not describe the love I feel for you. A Mother's job has to be one of the hardest, but certainly the most rewarding jobs in the world. And I would not trade it for anything. I am so glad I get to spend as much time as I do with you. I love experiencing everything through your eyes and learing along side you. You bring so much joy to my life, my heart literally bursts with love for you two!! Blake it was so sweet today, how you asked me numerous times if I like my new slippers. So, so cute :) Your genuine concern and desire for me to love my slippers is amazing to me!! Such a simple thing, but it shows your love for me, which has made my Mother's Day that much more special :) ~ Thank you Cal for the sacrifices and little things you do day in and day out, not just today, to make me feel special, appreciated, loved and happy. ~ And a very Happy Mother's Day to all the other special Mom's in my life - My Mother-in-law, my Grandma's, my Aunts, Cousins, Sister-in-laws, friends and all other Moms out there!!!

xoxo Tracy

No comments: