Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Placenta Previa

I had a busy afternoon, with a dentist appointment followed by a doctor's appointment!  Although, I'm sure Cal's afternoon was a bit busier with the 2 kids!! 

I found out at my Dr.'s appointment that I presently have placenta previa.  My placenta is low-lying, below my uterus.  Apparently, this is no cause for major concern at this point in my pregnancy.  I haven't had any bleeding, but I was told to go to the E.R. immediately, should it begin.  The Dr. said that typically as the uterus grows the placenta will move into the preferred location of above the uterus and not covering, below or close-to!  I will go for an ultrasound in September to see if the placenta has moved at all.  If it hasn't, I will continue to go for regular ultrasounds, until around 35 weeks.  If at that time it still has not moved, I will be booked for a c-section.  So, we will wait and see what happens!  I'm not too concerned about it at this point.  The thought of a c-section doesn't really bother me (it would have with my first pregnancy!) and as long as I'm not having any bleeding and the baby is healthy, all is good :)  The babies heart beat was 148 bpm today and other than the placenta previa, all was well on the ultrasound.  I tried not taking the diclectin about a week ago and was so sick, I ended up taking 1 mid-day and then 2 again that night.  I only took 1 last night and I lost my lunch right before my dentist appointment.  We went out for lunch today, so I'm not sure if it was the food or not taking the diclectin, so I only took 1 again tonight and we'll see what tomorrow brings! 

Just wanted to write a quick update on the baby and pregnancy!!  Talk to you again soon ;)

Tracy

No comments: