Friday, October 22, 2010

37 Weeks

I had my Dr. appointment yesterday and thankfully my 2nd GDS came back normal.  Phew!  I was a bit worried!!  The kids were with me so it was a hectic appt and I didn't even ask what the hr was!  Babies head is still down and not engaged.  Dr. Shafter said she could still easily move it!  But all is well and I'll be seeing the Dr. weekly now ... hard to believe we're this close to meeting the little one!!!  

This morning we met my friend Laura for brunch.  It was great to actually get together!!  We talk on the phone almost daily, but have a hard time meeting up, due to her living west of Stony Plain and us on the north side!!  Hopefully we'll be able to plan more play dates, as Clare and Blake seem to play well together :)

This weekend is crazy busy!!  Tomorrow is the Therapy Assistant Association of Alberta's 5th Annual Education and Annual General Meeting day.  Being the V.P. on the board, means I have a lot of involvement in the planning and execution of this day!  I have to be at the Ramada (where we're hosting the conference) at 6:45 a.m.  Blech!  I don't know the last time I had to be up that early!!!  But it is usually a great day.  The volunteers always go for dinner afterwards and unwind and share the highlights of the day.  The work is always well worth it, when we read the comments from the delegates and hear through out the day how much everyone appreciates the work that goes into planning the day!

Cal will be taking Emerson swimming in the morning and then Blake to hockey in the afternoon, which he typically does on Saturdays.  Tiring day for him too!!  Thank goodness my parents are able to come watch swimming with Blake and then stay with Em while the boys are at hockey :)

Sunday is Blake's preschool Halloween Party at the YMCA (11 -2).  He's really excited about it, but disappointed that his dalmatian puppy dog won't be coming with him ;)  I heard him talking to his friends at preschool about what he was dressing up as at Halloween and these were his exact words, "I'm going to be a fireman and Em is going to be my dalmatian dog!"  Like everyone is supposed to know who Em is?!  Ha, ha!  The party should be fun!  We also have a New Mom's Group Halloween Party on Wednesday, which Blake and Em will both be dressed up for :)  And then of course Halloween next Sunday!  What a fun time of year!!

Sunday afternoon we're going to my parents house for dinner, to celebrate my Dad's birthday!  Blake's pretty excited for Grandpa's birthday cake and ice cream ;) 

Have a great weekend everyone!  I've heard the "s" word mentioned this week and no I'm not talking about sun ... I'm sure the kids will be excited to see it, but I could wait a little longer! 

Tracy 

No comments: