Monday, March 5, 2012

Trip to Connor's House!

On Saturday, March 3rd I took the morning Red Arrow bus to Fort Mac to meet Connor and congratulate his Mom and Dad ;)

I had a great time snuggling the little man and visiting with his Mom and Dad!!  He is so, so cute and cuddly.  Loves to be cuddled and wrapped up tight in his blankies!  He is nursing like a champ and sleeping pretty good too!  Before they left the hospital, they thought he might be on the verge of being jaundice so he was sent home with a Bili blanket just to be sure.  Soon after I arrived on Saturday the health nurse called to let them know he can be free of the cumbersome Bili blanket!  And then today after more blood work and a visit to the pediatrician they got the final word that all is fine and he is not jaundiced!  Lindsay looks great and seems to be doing really, really well for just having had a c-section.  She says she feels pretty good :)  I told her I think mother nature gives us Mom's a sort of "high" to deal with the lack of sleep we experience at first.  It's amazing how good you can feel on very little sleep when you're concentrating on your beautiful new baby :)

Sunday afternoon I caught a ride back to Edmonton with Jeremy's Dad.  I was there for a little over 24 hours and got a lot of Connor snuggles in!  I'm SO glad I got to meet him when he was only a few days old, as I'm sure he'll be a bit bigger the next time I see him!!
Thank you so, so, so much to my wonderful husband and parents for helping make this trip happen!!  I know it was only 1 night but  I've never been away from Reese overnight and only a handful of times have I been away overnight from Blake and Em!  So leaving all 3 behind was strange and a bit worrisome (yes, I tend to be a slight control freak ... I admit it!!)  Dad drove me to the bus Saturday morning and Mom watched the girls while Cal, Blake and Dad were at hockey later that morning.  I know Cal had his hands full, as do I every day, but I knew the kids were fine and would probably enjoy all the "Dad" time!!!  No one seemed to mind I was gone and in fact tonight at bedtime tonight when I layed Reese down, she started calling, "Daddy!  Daddy!!"  The kids are dying to meet Connor, but we will FaceTime with them again soon and they will be down here on Easter long weekend!  I can't wait to get a picture of all 4 "Smith" grandchildren :)

Love you Connor, can't wait to see you at Easter!!

xoxo
Tracy

No comments: