Sunday, May 12, 2013

5 Peaks Trail Running Series


Cal completed his 1st of 5 trail runs on Saturday morning.  He chose the enduro course, meaning he ran 2 laps of the 8 km trail.  He's been looking forward to these trail runs but hadn't trained as much as he had hoped to!!  I was at ball hockey with the girls and Blake, so was anxious to hear how he did!  He texted me when he was leaving, something along the lines of, "I'm on my way home.  It was *&%! hard!!!"  A lot different from road racing ... but he enjoyed it and will be training more for the next 15 km trail race on June 7th!!  I couldn't believe how muddy his shoes were but apparently they had to cross at creek at one point during the race!  His brother Gerry ran the sport course (8 km) and they actually ran together for a few km, which was nice, especially since Gerry shared his water with Cal who was in desperate need of some H2O during the last leg of the race ;)  Once ball hockey is over, the kids and I will be there cheering Cal on, we can't wait!  We're so proud of him!!  And Blake is hoping to participate in a 1 km kids event :)

~ Tracy

No comments: