Tuesday, June 30, 2020

June 2020

 June brought more weekend ventures in the beautiful river valley! We're very lucky to have this gorgeous option in our city! My hair is turning more grey by the day but at work I'm all covered up with PPE so I am letting it go! One highlight of the month was the Brett Kissel drive-in concert at River Cree. Such a great idea!! We rolled down our windows and enjoyed some live entertainment. It was a great change of scenery and nice to enjoy live country music! Reese and I did more baking as I thought a good way to learn fractions, was to bake! Win-win!! At the middle of the month my co-workers and I had a 'farewell' dinner as we now know the UCP has cut the funding our program operated under. A very, very sad time as this was such a fabulous group of co-workers and I loved working in a rehab role within the school system. I am so sad this is the end of this wonderful chapter, it's hard to think ahead career-wise. I am also sad for the students, teachers and parents who will suffer from these cut-backs. It's all so unfair and also scary for so many families. What lies ahead for me?? I don't know. Because I am unionized, I will go through a lay-off/recall process and see where I land. For now, I will have one last summer off to enjoy as my next role will not be a 10 month position. I'll keep you updated!

At the end of June we all pitched in and painted our deck and fence! It looks soooo much better, it's amazing what some paint can do! Everyone helped and it only took 2 days to do! We celebrated Father's Day with a walk around Lois Hole Provincial Park and a stop for ice cream! June 26th brought the official last day of this crazy school year. Thankful for self-motivated learners, amazing teachers and Cal who answered all the math questions and kept everyone on track while I was at work and he was juggling work at home and home schooling! We're very proud of Blake, Emerson and Reese, they've done amazing and we're so proud of Blake for achieving honors in his first year of jr high! Emerson has officially graduated from grade 6 and is on to jr high next school year! They had a nice online grade 6 celebration and although we couldn't celebrate in person, they made the best of it and it was nice to be included. She has actually had a wonderful school year, she really enjoyed her teacher Mr. Ben and her classmates. She is sad that not many of her classmates are going to ESSMY but happy she has Layla and Bryson who will be joining her! 

End of June also brought braces for Miss Reese! We went with Invisalign and so far so good :) Thank goodness for great employer healthcare benefits!!! And one last highlight for June - the kids and I drove out to Calling Lake on the 30th for a day of fishing with Grandma and Grandpa and holy hanna, you would not believe the fishing!! It was out of this world, monster walleye, we were all hopping with all the "I got one!" "Another one!" calls!! Grandma fried up the limit, it was delicious :) Glad we could spend the day on the lake and the fishing was so good!!

Now, time to bring on the sunshine that July and August will hopefully bring with them!!

No comments: