Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

We rang in the New Year at home. Our friends Eric and Christa (Blake's godparents) came over for the evening. We ordered pizza and had appetizers! It was great! After Blake went to bed we watched a hockey game, a movie and were in bed by 11:30 pm! Last year we were in bed before midnight too. Boy are we getting old or what?! We were planning to go for a nice brunch on New Year's Day but couldn't find anywhere that wasn't $50 a person or that opened earlier than noon. So we stayed home and Cal made us all brunch!

The weather has been SO cold. We're a bit disappointed because we had hoped to play outside with Blake during Cal's vacation and go for a few sleigh rides. I think cabin fever is going to hit soon! We've ventured out for groceries and to the movie store, but other than that haven't gone far. Tomorrow is supposed to be -41 with the wind chill. Yuck! What can you do in this weather?! Next week is supposed to be warmer so Blake and I will get outside for sure.

Today I went wedding dress shopping with my sister and one of her bridesmaids and Lindsay found "her dress"! It is soooo.... gorgeous! I'm so excited for her :) But it got me thinking about bridesmaid dresses and how I'm going to have be very strict in order to be happy with myself in a bridesmaid dress in November!!! I'm not sure I would have been happy with myself in a bridesmaid dress before getting pregnant, so it may be a bit of a challenge! And with two kids? Geez, I'm going to need a major kick in the butt! LOL! Guess I'll worry about that after the baby is born!

We are looking forward to this exciting year and everything it will bring. We wish you all a healthy, happy 2009! Keep warm :)

Love Cal, Tracy, Blake and Baby Cameron

* I just had to add this little story in, because it's too cute not to share!! Last night when Blake was done his bath he kissed and said goodnight to his bath books. Today, after supper Blake, Cal and I were downstairs playing when he grabbed one of his blankets, laid it on the couch, put his head down and said, "Night, night!" He was obviously ready for bed, so Cal asked him if he'd like to go take a bath and Blake said, "Yeah!" So we told him to get his blanket and we'd go upstairs. Cal and I started for the stairs and Blake ran over to where most of his toys are and starting waving and saying, "Night, night!" to all his toys!! As if that wasn't cute enough, he then kissed all his stuffed animals and his doll goodnight! It was so cute it brought tears to my eyes :)

No comments: