Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday Blake!

I've blinked and 2 yrs have gone by ... well not exactly, but boy have they passed quickly! Thank goodness I've been posting blogs since before Blake was born. We haven't printed them out yet, but we definitely will. I hope one day Blake and Emerson and our future child(ren) will look back at these posts and smile. I know I'll look back and smile and probably cry a little! I often complain that time passes too quickly, but really I should not complain. I should be, and I am, grateful that my children are healthy and growing and we are also healthy and get to enjoy each day with them.

Blake's birthday festivities are spanning across a few days!! Cal had yesterday off and took today off, so we had some fun family time planned! Yesterday morning we went to the Valley Zoo. Blake enjoyed seeing the animals, most especially Lucy the elephant! He was quite impressed with the "big elephant" (in his words)! He also loved the baby lambs! Not all the animals were out yet, it's still a bit cold I think, so we'll have to go back again this summer. This morning when Blake woke up he opened his gifts from Cal and I and Emerson. He definitely has the whole present and birthday thing figured out! He was saying happy birthday and ripping into the presents! He was very excited when he opened his gift from Emerson and saw Percy from Thomas and Friends! Later in the morning we headed to the library for Blake's last "Fun for Ones" class. After the class we ate lunch at the mall. Blake and I always share EDO after our library class!! This evening we met my parents for dinner and then came back to our house and Blake opened his gifts from them. It was a great day! And Saturday Blake has a birthday party at our house with more friends and family. He'll be thinking his birthday is 5 days long!! We'll let you know how the party goes on Saturday. Have a great rest of your week :)

Luv Tracy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha....sounds like you all had a blast!! I think Ry thought Christmas was 5 days long too, with all the families fitting in!! They are only young once so who cares!! Hope you all are getting this same awsome weather!! Enjoy the rest of your spring!!
J, Ry and Austin

Gerry and Lesley said...

Happy Birthday, Blake! I can't believe you are 2 already!! We hope you had fun on your birthday at the zoo, library, and Red Robin! Can't wait to see you on Saturday!
Auntie Lesley, Uncle Gerry, and Colby