Thursday, June 25, 2009

4 month immunizations

On Tuesday Emerson had her 4 month immunizations. It went quite well. She didn't cry for long. The only complaint I have is that the nurse did the 2 in one leg, waited for her to calm down and then did the last one in the other leg. I much prefer it when they just get them done back to back! I felt kind of bad for Emerson! She likely thought it was over only to be stuck again!! Her weight, height and head circumference haven't changed since her 4 month appointment. I can't believe she's 4 months old already! She's starting to not look so much like a baby anymore :( And she'll be starting solids within the next few months, which will make her seem even "older!" Wednesday Emerson had a funny day. She's teething already (Blake had his 1st tooth at 5 months), plus perhaps she was in some pain from the needles. She wasn't crying, more complaining! It was pretty funny! I love going into to get her in the morning. As soon as I put my face near hers she starts laughing and giggling and "talking!" It's the best!! Something else she likes is when I lean over her and my hair brushes across her face. She closes her eyes and giggles away!!! I try not to have the t.v. on much, because she's quite the t.v. nut - if the t.v. is on she's glued to it. She'll twist and turn any which way just to get an eye on it!!

Blake has been going to the potty a bit more the last few days. Even #2! I'm wondering if anyone has heard/knows from experience if it is a bad idea to not go full force on the potty training when they show some interest?? I'm wondering if we don't capitalize on this opportunity now, if he might give it up and then not do so well when we decide to train him?? I don't know why everyone always wants their kids potty trained - seems a lot easier just to change a diaper!? Blake continues to be hilarious and imaginative! He's at such a fun age!! But trying at times ... I need to work on my patience! LOL! He knows pretty much all of his colors now. Even white, silver, black and brown! Sometimes he surprises us with what he knows. The other day he got a Dr. Seuss ABC book from a friend of ours and I asked him where the "B" was and he pointed it out amongst a mixed up alphabet! We've been writing his name for him when we're coloring and I guess some of it has sank in! When we ask him how to spell his name he says, "B L, B L, B L!" Then giggles because we're giggling!! He can really put on a performance :)

Cal and I have been putting the kids to bed the last 3 nights and then heading outside to paint the fence until sundown. We're about 1/2 way done and absolutely exhausted!! So we're taking tonight off. It would be a lot easier if all we had was the simple fence, but whoever built this fence added lattice and trim to the top. I think it's taking twice the time due to the added parts!! Argh! But it does look really good when it's all painted nicely :)

It's been HOT here for quite awhile. We still haven't gotten any significant amount of rain and our grass is feeling the effects!! We've watered it a bit, but it's SO dry. I like a nice lawn, but I'm not going to spend that much time/$$ watering it every day! I really hope we get some rain SOON!!!

Talk to ya' later ;)

Tracy

No comments: