Friday, October 2, 2009

Poor Girl :(

Last night I took Emerson into the E.R. at 1 am. She had not been a happy girl since approx. 8 pm. The night before (Wednesday) she woke up a few times after going to bed too. I thought it was probably due to teething and her cold, but found out last night it was more likely due to her bowel problems :( Her behaviour last 2 nights was totally out of the ordinary, so we knew something was up. She'd scream for about a 1/2 an hour and then be quiet for a little bit and then scream again, etc, etc. And whenever I touched her stomach she'd cringe and cry. So I called health link and they said to take her in right away. The Dr. in the E.R. said with her history, she was most likely in pain due to needing to have a bowel movement. I had given her a glycerin supp. at home, with no results. So they gave her an enema and it worked (unlike in Jasper!). Thank goodness! As soon as it worked she dozed off on my shoulder. Poor girl, we feel so bad for her. The Dr. last night said she just has "lazy bowels" and that she should grow out of it. Here's hoping ... So I've made her an appointment with her pediatrician to talk about it again and see what we should do next. Can't wait for this to be over ... Needless to say we are extremely tired in our house today (we got home from the hospital at 4:30 am).

But we are looking forward to Saturday's events!! I hope Emerson is back to her normal, happy self tomorrow. It is my sister Lindsay's bridal shower tomorrow afternoon and stagette tomorrow night!! Emerson and I will be attending the shower, while Cal and Blake attend a hockey draft at the Gable's house!! Cal is staying home with the kids Saturday night, while I party it up with Linds and friends!!! LOL! I pray Emerson is a good little girl :) Sunday, we have family visiting from Saskatchewan and they are all coming over for coffee before heading home. It will be great to see everyone, and I'm sure my Grandma Marg is looking forward to seeing 2 of her great grandchildren! Have a great weekend everyone :)

Tracy

2 comments:

Tina Schell said...

Feel better Em! Have a great time on Saturday Tracy and give the beautiful bride to be a hug for me. I have a little something for her, so I will mail it to you!

The Cameron Family 5 said...

Thanks Tina! Okay, sounds good! I could give you her address too, if you'd like? Are you sure you don't want to come out on Saturday night?? It will be fun!!! And I'm not drinking either! Think about it .... xoxo