Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!!

We hope you all had a spooktacular Halloween!!! We had great fun celebrating Halloween. We went to a Halloween/Baby Shower party on Friday at our friends Elizabeth and Jack's house. It was our 3rd annual New Mom's Group Halloween Party! It was also a baby shower for our friend Jodi and her new baby boy Cole. Cole is Jared's little brother! Our New Mom's Group is growing quickly with what we call the "2nd generation!!!" lol! It's great that Emerson will have lots of little friends too. I felt a bit bad for her, not having her own New Mom's group! We're very lucky to have such a great group. A few of our friends have moved away, but there are still a good group of us who get together regularly. It's pretty cool to see the kids all growing up together! Saturday morning we carved pumpkins. Blake knows his shapes now, so he chose what shapes the pumpkins eyes and nose were! He was pretty hesitant when it came to digging out the pumpkin "guts", but got right in there after awhile!! Saturday afternoon my parents came over and we took some pictures of the kids outside. They looked so adorable!! Blake in his dinosaur costume and Emerson in her lady bug costume!! We had supper, put Emerson to bed and then Cal, Blake and I headed out trick-or-treating! My parents stayed home with Emerson and handed out candy, which was very nice of them! At the end of the night, we figure we had approximately 75 kids. Cal, Blake and I had fun visiting around the neighbourhood!! Blake got pretty tuckered out though, so we came home, had a treat and some hot chocolate and he was out like a light the minute his head hit his pillow!!

Today we went to Stony Plain to celebrate our niece Jenna Ann Cameron's Baptism. We had fun visiting with everyone and I even got to snuggle with Jenna for awhile :) She was such a good girl during the church service and Baptism and looked gorgeous in her baptismal gown, which was worn by her Mom and 2 Aunt's when they were babies!! Afterwards we went to my parents house for a visit and dinner. My Mom made a very yummy turkey dinner!! It felt like Thanksgiving all over again! The kids had a bath there and were sleeping by the time we hit the highway. No naps = very tired kids!!! I'm hoping they don't get up too early tomorrow morning ...

Cal has tomorrow off, but we don't have plans. I will call the health unit tomorrow to see if we can get our flu shots. Hopefully they'll be available again very soon. Blake woke up with a runny nose this morning and Emerson is sounding a bit stuffed up too, but they don't have fevers. We'll keep a close eye on them - I'm a bit paranoid right now. Blake was sick to his stomach on Friday night, but hasn't been since. I think it was because of all the treats he ate at the Halloween party. He has quite the sweet tooth! We don't keep too many sweets in the house and he rarely has juice, so I think his tummy might have been a bit upset!

Emerson's 2nd tooth is through! Just barely, but you can feel the sharp little edges!! Teething has definitely been harder on Em then it was on Blake. Once his first tooth was through, the rest just seemed to keep coming with no work at all! Emerson seems to teethe and teethe and teethe and be uncomfortable, etc!! Poor girl. I always say it's such a shame what these poor babies go through - so much pain to get these teeth and then they turn around and loose them all in a few years!! How fair is that?!

We have preschool on Wednesday and Wednesday night I'm meeting an old co-worker for dinner. Thursday I am meeting Lesley at Cal's cousin Amanda's concert at the Winnspear. She plays violin in the University of Alberta's Symphony Orchestra (I believe that's what they're called!!)! I went to one concert last year and was absolutely amazed at the talent of these young people! Blake and Cal started swimming lessons again on Friday, so they have swimming Friday evening. Cal said Blake was amazing on Friday!! He was front floating and back floating and kicking like you wouldn't believe! I'm glad he's enjoying himself!! Our little fish :) We're going to start Emerson in swimming lessons in the New Year. Cal started taking Blake when he was around 1 year, and Emerson will be 1 in February!

My sister's wedding is fast approaching! Yikes!! So much to do before then!! Our list is growing longer and longer ... Oh well - we'll get it all done :) 29 days to go!!

Have a great week everyone :) I'm not going to use the "S" word, but I think we're very lucky to not have any yet!!!! So enjoy it while it lasts!

xoxo
Cal, Tracy, Blake and Emerson

2 comments:

Gerry and Lesley said...

Blake and Emerson looked great in their costumes... thanks for putting pics up so quick on fb! Thank you for coming out to Jenna's baptism... it was so special to have you all there! Have fun at preschool this week, Blake. Maybe we can find a playgym or somewhere to meet up sometime soon?! Colby loves playing with his cousin, Blake! See you soon! Enjoy your day together tomorrow! It will be nice to have some quiet time after a very busy weekend!!!
Lesley xoxo

Anonymous said...

I am paranoid too!! Takes 10 days for the shot to kick in and Ry has had a cough these last two that seems to go on and on but no fever I check 10 times a day, sounding a bit stuffier tonight so I think it is a cold, have the humidifier going and propped up on pillows hopefully she sleeps alright. I hate being so paranoid ahh!!
Your kids are such super cuties!! Love that one pic of Em close up and Blake in front of the ghost in your yard. I wish my parents were so close I feel like we are all missing out them being so far away, cant wait until we get to move home.
Have a good night, and happy November :)
J Ry and Aussie