Sunday, January 24, 2010

Starting to Bum Scootch!

Emerson is becoming a bum scootcher ... sort of! Right now she's mostly bum rotating!! lol! She can do a 360 and moves forward a bit. She does move on her stomach, mostly backwards, but a small distance forwards. I'm not sure she'll ever be a crawler though ... time will tell ;) She can also stand on her own for a short period of time! Last week I'd let go of her and she'd stand very well for 30 seconds or so. The look on her face was priceless! She looked shocked and a bit scared!! I'm looking forward to having her weighed and measured at her 1 year pediatrician appointment. She feels like she's getting heavier, but as for length, I don't think she's grown very much in that way!! She's still wearing 6-9 month clothes and the 6-12 month clothes are too big!

We've had a great week and weekend! My parents came to Blake's gymnastics class on Friday and afterwards the four of us went out for dinner. Blake really enjoyed that! He ate lots of Grandpa's pizza, but I'm pretty sure Grandpa didn't mind ;) Saturday evening I hosted a Tupperware party. It was lots of fun and I can't wait to get all my Tupperware!! My pantry is going to be soooo organized!!! It was fun having a few friends over and Blake enjoyed "partying" too! This afternoon the kids and I visited Karen's day home. It was a great visit! I think they will do fine there. Blake had fun playing in the awesome play room, but I was most surprised by Emerson. She sat on the floor and played and even let Karen and her two girls play with her and hold her! I was very happy!! I thought for sure she'd whimper as soon as she left my arms ... she's a bit (okay, maybe a lot) of a Mom suck ;) But she did fantastic and only needed Mom near the end of 1 hour of playing, when she was getting hungry and tired. So our deposit is down on the day home, our spots will be held until March 1st and I'll be taking the kids back for a few more visits before I return to work! After our day home visit, we headed to Stony Plain for supper at my Mom and Dad's house. It was yummy as usual, and the kids had fun playing with Grandma and Grandpa and bathing together!

Cal is off work tomorrow, but helping a friend drywall, while the kids and I go to preschool. We're painting tomorrow, a craft that I'm sure Blake is going to LOVE!! Hopefully we'll visit the play gym before class.

Have a great week everyone ... stay warm during this, let's hope last, cold snap!

xoxo Tracy

1 comment:

Gerry and Lesley said...

Good job, Emerson!! You'll be mobile in no time, I know it! :) Can't wait to celebrate your 1st birthday with you soon. And I'm so glad your mom found a great dayhome for you and Blake! :)
xoxo Auntie Lesley