Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Conversations with Blake and Em!

I need to write these down ... otherwise I'll forget ;)

Mom (when Blake got up this morning) - Let's take off your pull-up and put your big boy underwear on.
Blake - No, not now. Maybe in 5 minutes. Umm, no, how about 40 minutes?!

Em - Da, da, da, da
Blake - Da, da, da, da. I used to say that when I was a baby too! Now I say Dad!

Mom (while kids were bathing together, due to making such a mess at lunch!) - Blake why don't you tell Em a story?
Blake - An elephant broke my head
Mom - What? Where were you?
Blake - I was at the zoo with Vanessa. An elephant came out. Then I was at Nancy's house. Vanessa goes to Nancy's house right Mom?

Mom - Blake would you like to have another sister or a brother one day?
Blake (Thinking and then pointing to Em) - I want another brother like Em
Mom - Emerson is your sister, not your brother
Blake - Em's a sister and I'm a brother?
Mom - Yep
Blake - I want two sisters!!

Oh the conversations with a toddler!!! I'm going to start writing them down more often :)

3 comments:

Gerry and Lesley said...

Awe! What a fantastic idea!! I need to do a blog like this too!! That Blake... what a cutie! I love conversations with two-year olds! Em will be joining in very soon, too! And then things will get very interesting and even more memorable!!
xoxo

Don and Donna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Don and Donna said...

This is one of the best blogs! You are sooo right, you will forget these conversations. You'll always remember that the kids said cute things, but how perfect to write them down:)