Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had fun at dinner on Thursday evening, celebrating Cal's 31st! After dinner, we met my Mom and Dad at our house and enjoyed Cal's favorite cake - black forest!

Cal took Friday off work and we headed to the RV show with Lindsay, Mom and Dad. We love the RV show!! We found our next trailer ... not sure when that will be, but hopefully within the next 5 years! It's a 5th wheel bunk house model, with a super slide. 26 ft, so it will fit in our driveway! Friday evening Linds and I took Blake to gymnastics. Lindsay brought her video camera, so I'm really happy we now have some video of Blake at gymnastics :)

Saturday morning Lindsay and I got ready for Em's 1st birthday party, while my Mom and Cal took the kids to swimming lessons. I often wonder what in the world I would do without my family?? I only hope I can return the favor to Lindsay one day and somehow my Mom and Dad too!! Em's party was a ladybug theme, with a ladybug cake made by Cal and I. The cake was very cute, as were the decorations I found online!! Emerson thoroughly enjoyed her cake ... to say the least! She had icing all over her face and up to her elbows! It didn't take her long to discover how much she liked icing ;) Thank you to everyone for coming and for all the beautiful gifts!! Emerson will continue to be a little fashionista with all the gorgeous clothes she received!! And she's very happy to have some new "girly" toys!! (and so is Blake ... he had a blast "helping" Emerson open her presents ... and is enjoying playing with them too!!) After cleaning up and relaxing a bit, Mom, Lindsay and I went to the movie Dear John. We've all read the book, although I read it quite awhile ago and had almost forgotten about it! The movie was good, a great chick flick and love story!!

Today Cal and I are enjoying some down time at home with Blake and Em! Lindsay is babysitting for us tonight, while we go to Avatar. I enjoy Valentine's Day, although we don't make a huge fuss over it! But in this busy world, it is nice to have a special day to let our loved ones know just how special they are :)

Tomorrow is Family Day and we hope to take Blake skating! Both the kids have colds, so we'll see how they're doing tomorrow and what the temperature is, but that is the plan for now!! We're really excited to see how Blake does on skates! He's had skates for over a year now, but has not used them yet.

I thought I'd give you a little potty update too! Blake continues to do really well!! He still has the odd accident, but I think that's normal. He often tells us he has to use the potty, but if too much time passes, we know we have to remind him!Especially when we're out and about, although he loves using his portable Dora potty seat when we're not home!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Enjoy your day with your loved ones and happy family day too!! Wow, what a great few days!!

xoxo Cal, Tracy, Blake and Emerson

1 comment:

Gerry and Lesley said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you too! Hope you enjoyed some time out with Cal at the movie! Have fun skating too! What a busy weekend with a birthday celebration, Valentine's Day, and Family Day!! :) Love it!
xoxo Lesley