Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My First Birthday :)

Hi everyone!

Today I turn 1! My Mom and Dad say the time has gone by wayyyy too fast and my first year went even faster then Blake's!! I don't really know what they mean - I love each new day!!! I had a very fun birthday party on Saturday. We had a few friends and family over at our house. Mom and Dad tried to keep the party small, because I'm not much of a crowd gal! I had a very cute Ladybug birthday cake, that Mom and Dad made!! I loved digging into the cake and had icing up to my elbows!! Today we all went swimming in the morning and had fun outside after our afternoon nap. Then Grandma D came over for supper and I even got a cupcake for dessert!!

Apparently I'm growing little by little ... at my 1 year paediatrician appointment on the 9th, I weighed 18 lbs 9 oz and was 28" long. I'm pretty little, in the 10th %ile for everything and Mom is just hoping I'm at least as tall as her!! I have 4 teeth and eat well, so I guess maybe it's just genetics ;)

I love walking around the coffee table and my play table! I also enjoy walking around while hanging onto my Mom and Dad's hands!! I'm doing what Mom calls "the worm"! That's how I get around on my stomach! I love clapping my hands, waving hi and bye, and dancing to my favourite music. I also enjoy mimicking Mom, Dad and Blake. I am quite the chatterbox! Mom and Dad love it when they ask me what a cow says and I say, "mmmmm ...!" Mom and Dad also give me big grins and hugs whenever I look at them and say, "Mum" or "Da Da!" I love waiting at the front window for Dad to come home from work. As soon as I see him I say, "Hi Da!" and start waving! I think I overheard Dad saying it makes his day ;) I also try to say Jazz and Blake! I can't figure out my puppies name yet, but one day I will! Everyone seems to love it when I talk!!!

I've had lots of fun going to My First Preschool with Blake and also to library programs. I love to sing and dance and Mom and Dad think I'm much more outgoing then my brother! I started swimming lessons in January and Mom and Dad call me their little fish!! I love the water and swimming and splashing around!! Dad has been taking me to the lessons and we have lots of fun together! Some of the other things I enjoy doing are reading books, especially touch and feel books and standing and playing at my play table, the coffee table, the couch or pretty much anywhere there is something for me to hang onto and play with! I also love my stuffies!!

Mom goes back to work on March 1st. She's working 4 days a week and so is Dad, so Blake and I get to stay home with Dad every Monday and with Mom every Friday. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we'll be going to a lady named Nancy's house. We've visited there a few times. I like playing with the other kids and I'm very glad my big brother will be there with me! He's such a good brother, I am very lucky :)

In November I took my first airplane ride to Las Vegas for Aunty Lindsay and Uncle Jeremy's wedding. I was a very good girl on the plane and had lots of fun shopping and sight seeing with my family!! We can't wait for summer to arrive so we can take a holiday in our trailer and get outside more for bike rides, walks, and to the park!!

But I should go I'm getting pretty tired. I think I'll have my bath now and then go to bed. I'm a good sleeper and need lots of it!! Love to you all :)

Hugs and Kisses,

Emerson

PS: Mom is going to proof read this for me. I hope she doesn't change too much!!

No comments: