Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hmmmm ...

This week has been one of those weeks ... Monday was great - the kids were home with Cal! They ran a few errands (went to the vet for pet food and went to Canadian Tire) and had a great day!! Mondays are my best work days. I enjoy work and actually concentrate on work vs. worrying about the kids!!

Tuesday was not so good. Emerson woke up with a cold Monday morning and by Tuesday was very stuffed up. I dropped the kids off on Tuesday morning at Nancy's and told her about Em's cold and she told me she may have to call me to pick her up because of her cold and gave me a copy of her sick policy. When I read it, it pretty much states that your child can't really have even a hint of illness in order to be in her care!!! Seriously, even clear moderate drainage from the nose is not allowed. I mean, what kid doesn't get a runny nose during the cold and flu season?! So at 2:30 pm she called me and told me Em had been pretty upset most of the day. She had 2 short naps, but was crying and upset a lot of the time. So I left work and picked the kids up. She said Blake was good most of the day, other than an accident, but was still not really talking to her. I asked her if she thought they weren't adjusting well and she just said that she thought it would take some time. But how much time?? They've beeen there 6 times already. Don't get me wrong - I really like Nancy as a person and I think she's a great Mom. Her girls are adorable and very well behaved, but I'm questioning the "fit" for us with her dayhome.

I stayed home with the kids on Wednesday and we had a great time. Even though Em had a cold, she wasn't winy or crying a lot, like the previous day at Nancy's. I guess it helps being home with Mom! She had good naps and played well by herself and with Blake. I did take her to the Dr. and her cold is viral and should pass soon.

Today the kids stayed home with Cal in the a.m. and my Mom in the p.m. I was joking with my Mom, asking her if she's sure she doesn't want to semi-retire and watch our kids 3 days a week?! I even offered her more moola than we would typically pay for 3 days a week!!! lol!! Don't think she'll go for it though!

So I'm not sure what we're going to do about the dayhome situation. We're looking into other options. We'll see how next week goes with Nancy, but I'm just not feeling good vibes right now!! I'm starting to question whether it's really worth it for me to work. Oh, how it sucks to be an adult some days and have to make adult decisions!!!

We're looking forward to the Mom, Pop and Tot's Fair tomorrow!! Blake's excited about the petting zoo :) And tomorrow night Cal and I are both taking Blake to gymnastics, while my Mom babysits Em. After gymnastics we're taking Blake out for supper! It will be a nice evening! Saturday is swimming lessons and other then that we don't have any other plans. Oh ... except for cleaning house. To make Tuesday an even worse day, our housekeeper couldn't get into our house so it didn't get cleaned :( Oh well, she'll be back in a few weeks!

Have a great weekend everyone :)

Tracy

No comments: