Thursday, November 18, 2010

41 Weeks

Oh my goodness ... who would have thought?!  I guess I certainly expected to be overdue, but as with Emerson I had a little glimmer of hope in the back of my mind that the 2nd and now 3rd might not be quite as overdue!!!  Not the case ... Which also is starting to make me wonder if this isn't a girl, as Blake was only 6 days overdue, Em 8!  (I use the term overdue very loosely, as technically you are not overdue until 42 weeks!!!  I suppose "post-dates" is the proper term!)  I had a Dr. appt. Monday and today and I'm still 1-2 cm dilated, no change from a week ago in my cervix.  Baby is comfy and happy :)  My non stress test on Tuesday afternoon went great, no concerns.  In the last week the babies heart rate has fluctuated between 128 and 148!  I might go for a NST tomorrow.  I can be induced on Sunday or Monday, depending on how busy they are with deliveries at the hospital.  I have in my mind that this baby will arrive when it's ready, but I do realize that it's not safe to go too overdue ... Fiona says I can say no to the induction and continue to have NST's and even request a biophysical, which is a more in depth ultrasound to make sure the baby is okay.  We'll see how it goes!  It's not that I'm in a hurry to have the baby, but I do want to make sure the baby is safe and healthy and if that means being induced, then I'm fine with that.  I have a friend who is a chiropractor in the States and she recommended having acupuncture to induce labour!  She apparently had 2 treatments on a Saturday and Sunday afternoon and then went into labour on the Sunday night.  And then there's always castor oil ... yuck!!  Never tried it, but I've heard if your body isn't ready for labour it can be really nasty on your system!!  So many options :)  I'll let you know what I decide!!  In the end all I want is a healthy baby, so say a little prayer for us and hopefully we'll be introducing him or her to the world very soon :)

Blake and Emerson are doing good.  Both have colds right now, Em's is worse then Blake's.  Basically just running noses, sneezing and coughing when they lay down.  No fevers or infections yet and hopefully they won't get them!  We've been talking to them about the baby a lot and they both seem excited!  We've brought out all the baby stuff (swing, bouncy chairs, carseat, put the base in the van) and both the kids are having fun playing with their "babies" and all the baby equipment!  Em sure loves to rock her babies in the carseat and swing!!!  Emerson is talking more and more and more and putting together bigger sentences everyday!  I can't believe how she can talk!!  She is such a chatterbox, we just love it :)  One of the cuter phrases she likes to say is, "See you later crocodile!!"  One day we were saying, "See you later alligator!  In awhile crocodile!"  That's how she starting saying that!!  So cute!!!  Blake is doing great in Preschool and continues to love it.  I asked the teacher how he was doing and if there were any concerns and she said he was great!  A pleasure to have in the class, he gets along with everyone and is very polite.  That was very nice to hear :)  Lately he has been very interested in writing his name.  They usually learn a letter a week at school and do practice sheets on those letters.  Every day he asks to practice his name and is pretty proud of how well he can write the letter B!  We're going through paper like crazy though, lol!!  I enjoy doing this with him and love to see him enjoying and initiating learning!!  Blake is improving weekly at hockey.  I went to watch him 2 weekends ago and couldn't believe how he'd improved!  He moves extremely slowly across the ice, he isn't winning any races, but is very steady and is having fun!  At first he was using the "walker" but isn't anymore, which is great!  He's the youngest out there and at times we wondered if he was too young.  But he continues to improve and continues to have fun and look forward to it, so that's great!!  It is a really great hockey club and there are some fantastic coaches on the ice, who have awesome ideas and strategies!  He has team pictures this Sunday :)

I hope everyone is keeping warm in this chilly weather and snow!  Looks like winter has arrived!!  I personally like it!!  Although after a few months of snow and cold I am certainly ready for Spring :)  I'm looking forward to having a winter jacket that fits me ... right now I'm sporting one of Cal's zip up hoodies and a big spring jacket!!!  Not worth buying a winter maternity jacket for a few weeks!!  Blake and Cal had fun shovelling snow this afternoon, the kids look so cute all bundled up :)  Talk to you soon everyone! 

xoxo
Tracy

1 comment:

Gerry and Lesley said...

You're right, Baby will come out and meet the world when he/she is ready... we just all want it to be sooner than later!! :) Looking forward to meeting him/her soon and adding another branch to the Cameron family tree!
Love and hugs for a safe delivery and see you very soon... in the hospital!! :)
Lesley