Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Big 3-0!

Today is my birthday ... Happy Birthday to me ;)  Hard to believe I'm 30 ... I don't feel 30?!  But then again, what does 30 really feel like??  I'm not bothered in the least by turning 30, I'm not having some sort of meltdown, I'm not depressed, I'm happy actually!  The 20's were great, but I think the 30's will be even better!  How could they not be?  I have a wonderful husband, 2 healthy, beautiful children and will be meeting another gorgeous baby very soon!!!  Not to mention the best family and friends a girl could ask for!  The next ten years are going to be fabulous (more on 30 and fabulous later!)!!! 

I've learned and grew A LOT in my late teens/early 20's!  Did the usual thing at that age - college, roommates, partying, Mexico with the girls, etc, etc.  Don't regret a minute, good times were had and great memories were made (although some nights are a blurr ...)!  But looking back I am certainly glad I moved on from that.  It seems some people get kind of stuck in that phase and before they know it they wake up and they're panicking because they're 30 ;)

Mid-20's were also a time of learning and growing.  Mostly they were very special and exciting with Cal and I buying our first home and moving in together, getting engaged, getting married and bringing two special little people into the world!  I'm so grateful I've had Cal by my side through this whole decade ... we've grown together, learned from one another, leaned on each other and created many special memories.  Thanks for always sticking by my side Cal, through thick and thin I'm so blessed to call you my husband and best friend.  Thank you to Blake and Emerson for teaching me SO much about life and myself.  A parent's love for their child is indescribable to those who do not have children.  It is not something you can "tell" someone, it is something that must be experienced.  Children introduce a whole new world of emotions, feelings, and experiences to your life.  It really is amazing. 

So here I am at 30!  Of course you never stop growing and learning and I can't to see what the next decade holds for me!  I love music, especially country music, and I often relate songs I love with life experiences!  All day I've been thinking of and singing Alan Jackson's song Remember When!  There's a particular line that I think really applies to turning 30 and older ...  Here it is: "Remember when thirty seemed so old, and now looking back, it's just a stepping stone ..."  How true is that?!  At one point in time 30 seemed SO OLD!!  I remember my parents turning 30 and at the time that seeming like such an unbelievable number!!!  I couldn't even imagine being 30!!  Now, being 30 and after working in long term care my view of "old" has certainly changed!  I don't even think 70 is old anymore ... !

Now back to 30 being fabulous!  The following are a few reasons why I think 30 IS fabulous:

- I'm comfortable with the way I look. Sure I'd love to lose a few pounds, but overall I don't worry as much about what others think!
- I'm also comfortable with who I am.  Take it or leave it ... I'm not going to act a certain way, say a certain something, etc that I don't agree with, believe in or feel right about just to please someone!
- I've met new people and tried different things.  I'm by no means a world traveller, but I've been lucky enough to do some traveling and seen what else is out there.
- I have a better sense of right from wrong, good vs. evil, and what ultimately is going to give me peace of mind.
- I’ve learned we all have different ways of doing things and different opinions and that’s what makes this world so interesting.
- I'm  hardly losing my youthful glow :)  And I'm not wrinkly!!!  Although, part of this could be due to good genetics and Arbonne?!
- I've figured out what makes me happy. I know what I expect from my spouse, from my friendships, and what I love to do with my free time (which at this point in time is very limited!).

So HERE'S TO 30!!!  Thank you to all who helped me through my 20's ;)  I'm looking forward to this new decade and sharing it with you all!

xoxo
Tracy

1 comment:

Tina Schell said...

Happy Birthday Tracy! I am certainly very blessed to have known you for as long as have and to have watched you (and to have taken part) explored the world around you, and become the amazing, beautiful wife and mother that you are today! I look forward to watching your children grow into the wonderful people that will make our country a better place because of who they have teaching them at home. And I look forward to watching you (and your "girls") grow old together!!! Well done to both your parents on an amazing job they did raising both you and Lindsay!!!

xoxo
Tina