Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Today

Today Blake has came down with a stomach bug a.k.a. virus a.k.a "The Flu!"  Poor guy is so tough though and doesn't feel sorry for himself at all.  I just love this about him :)  We were on our way to Beaner's this morning and I looked in my rear view mirror and he looked like he was going to puke.  I quickly pulled over on 97 st. but by the time I pulled over he had already gotten sick :(  I felt so bad for him, he was covered from head to toe.  He asked, "What are we going to do Mom?"  I told him we'd go home and go to Beaner's another day.  At which point Emerson started crying because she really likes Beaner's and of course doesn't understand why we can't go.  Blake cheerfully says, "It's okay Mom.  I'm okay now, lets clean me up and go to Beaner's.  Em wants a sucker!!"  What a guy, so sweet, putting his sister first even though he's covered from head to toe in puke!!!  His glass half full outlook makes my heart swell with pride :) 

Now poor Emerson was really upset, but after a lengthy discussion and explanation of why we can't go to Beaner's today she is okay.  Oh and a treat from Mac's, because I picked up Gatorade for Blake!!  She even put aside some cheezies for Blake, for when he's feeling better!  And she brought him his blankie and teddy and had the cutest sympathetic look on her face :)  Too sweet!  Love seeing expressions of love between her and Blake :)

And then there's Ms. Reese!!  She's getting braver and braver by the day!  Once she figures out crawling she is going to be t-r-o-u-b-l-e ... she's started diving for whatever she wants!!  She'll be sitting up playing on the floor and will dive for a toy in front of her!!  Or if we're holding her and she sees something she wants, she doesn't hesitate to just throw her body forwards towards it!!!  It's hard to handle sometimes!!

I really hope Emerson, Reese and Cal don't catch this bug that Blake and I have had.  But if they have to catch it, I pray it's quickly and only lasts 24 hours, as mine did.  We're leaving this week for vacation at the Smith family cabin and we have A LOT to do to prepare before we can leave!!  Think about how packed our mini van is going to be?!  lol!  And we have to do a lot around the house to be ready for the painters that are coming in to paint the house while we're gone.  Oy!

ttyl

Tracy

No comments: