Friday, February 1, 2013

Busy Days

Although every day feels busy, the last few days have seemed extra busy!!  But fun busy :)  Meet week is always a crazy week for me, trying to fit in several hours of work in my 'free' time, isn't so easy.

Yesterday afternoon we had a friend over for a little play date!  The girls had a great time, playing and coloring :)

Yesterday evening I took Blake out for supper and then to an Early Literacy Learning Night at his school.  It's always nice to spend 1 on 1 time with each of the kids but amazing how different that time is with each of them!!  Blake and I enjoyed our dinner and the Early Literacy Night.  I enjoy watching Blake chat and have fun with his schoolmates :)  And it's always great to visit with the other parents!  During one of the sessions during the evening, the teacher was pointing out some key words in a book and asking the children to define those words.  One of the words was 'cheap.'  Mrs. D asked the students if anyone knew what the word cheap meant.  Blake raised his hand and Mrs. D asked him to define the word.  Blake said, "It means you have lots of money."  I had a good chuckle at that definition!!!!  I have no idea where he learned that, too funny!!

Today was really busy but again, the good and fun kind of busy!  This morning I had a Cameron's Closet meet and a friend offered to have the girls over while I went to the meet.  So we took Blake to school, came home and loaded the van for the meet and then I dropped the girls off to play!  The girls and I really appreciated the play date, they weren't bored/antsy in the van for 2+ hours and I wasn't interrupted by, "Mom?  MOM!!  Mom?!  I'm hungry!  I have to pee.  Can we watch another DVD?"  LOL!!

This weekend brings another 40th birthday hall party and the first time we will have a babysitter over who is not a close friend or my Mom or Dad!!  My Dad's cousins daughter is attending U of A and was interested in babysitting, so we had her over to meet the kids and she is babysitting for the first time tomorrow night.  The kids will be sleeping, I'm sure it will all go fine!

Talk to you soon :)

Tracy

No comments: