Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Extracurricular Activities

I've blogged about Blake's hockey, we know for sure that he will have hockey 4 times a week, for the most part! 

All 3 kids also have swimming lessons on Friday nights.

Reese is in a music class on Monday afternoons.  I've made 3 so far and will be able to make the next one.  After that, my Mom and Cal will take turns taking her to music class.  A HUGE thank you to my Mom, for taking that on!!  I'm so glad we could all work together to make this class work for Reese :)  I enrolled her before I had even applied for my job and after I got the job, it was one of my main concerns!  Reese LOVES to sing and I really wanted her to try a class.  So far she's enjoying herself!  She brings home homework after every class and is very proud of the guitar they made last class!

Emerson is Ukrainian dancing this year and I couldn't be happier!!!  I loved when I Ukrainian danced and can't wait to see her perform :)  She's dancing with Veetreez and has had 2 classes so far.  They are 1 hr long, on Tuesday evenings.  Her bff, Berlyn, is also in her class!  She was excited to purchase her new red slippers and although we can't see the class, she tells us she's having a blast!

Emerson and Reese will both be playing ringette but they don't start until mid-October.  Reese's icetimes will be Sundays from 1-2, in Active Start 1 and Emerson's ice times are Sundays from 2:15-3:15 and every second Thursday from 6:30-7:30, in Active Start 2.  Emerson can not wait to start ringette, Reese is a little more aprehensive!  I will be coaching AS1 and may help on the ice with AS2, depending on if I'm alone with the girls at the rink or if Cal or Grandma and Grandpa are there!  My being on the ice with AS2 also depends on Emerson ... at times she says she wants me to help, other times she says no way!  We'll see ;)

Reese would like to take karate or tae kwon do and we might look into lessons in the New Year!  But for now, I feel we have a handle on the extracurricular activities and we'll leave it as if for awhile :)

I love how active our kids are and in turn, it keeps us active as well!!  I'm hoping Blake's games don't interfere too much with Church on Sunday mornings or with Ringette on Sunday afternoons, but I know we're bound to have some interference!!  Fingers crossed we'll still be able to make most games!!


No comments: