Monday, April 30, 2007

Things are happening!!

Well, today we received a lot of news!! The babies heartbeat was strong, but the Dr. wants me to go in for a non-stress test tonight. And if I haven't gone into labour by Thursday I will go in for another one. I was feeling twinges down below all day today and apparently that is because I have started to dilate! Only 1 cm so far, but the Dr. predicted that I would go into labour this week! I think the yard work we were doing yesterday may have helped!! If I don't go into labour this week, I am booked for an induction on Monday (7th). She also stripped my membranes today, which is a little bit unpleasant. But, I didn't have to book an appointment for Monday which makes it more of a reality that we will have our baby in our arms in no time! Oh, the non-stress test measures the babies heartbeat for 1/2 hour and they take a urine sample and Mom's blood pressure. If babies heart rate goes up and down and is not consistent, that means the baby is under stress and needs to come out. So we are going to head to the hospital pretty soon here. The heartbeat was strong and steady earlier today, so I don't think the baby is under any stress, but the test is just to be on the safe side. We will keep you updated!

Love Cal, Tracy and Baby

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the three of you are in our thoughts and prayers during this very exciting time! love you!