Friday, November 14, 2008

18 Month Immunizations ... (and Mom's birthday!)

Yes, today Blake had his 18 month immunizations - on my birthday! They didn't go too bad though! It was just very hard for me to hold him down. The nurse couldn't believe how strong he was!! But once we had him in place for a few seconds and he got the needles he calmed down. There were three needles in total - 1 in both arms and one in his leg. One of the needles was the flu shot and we're supposed to go back in 4 weeks for a follow up shot. Apparently the first time a child receives the flu shot they need 2 doses. I never took Blake for his flu shot last year because he was sick off and on for awhile and then it seemed pointless because it was so far into flu season. I'm very glad that the next round of immunizations aren't until before kindergarten. That will be a nice break for us!! Boy has our little man ever sprouted!!! He's always been a bit on the small side but no longer. Today he weighed 28 lbs and was 32 1/2" tall!! I'm not sure which scale is more accurate - the pediatricians or the health unit's but whatever! For weight Blake is now in the 75 percentile and for height he is in the 80 percentile. Quite a change from our 6 lbs 13 oz, 19 3/4" little baby boy :) After the immunizations Blake and I dropped by Tim Horton's for a little treat and headed home! We had a nice rest of our day at home together. Cal came home a bit early from work and then my Mom and Dad brought supper and dessert over. My Mom and I went shopping a little later in the evening. It was a great birthday :) We are all super excited for our UC Baby appointment tomorrow!! I will be posting pictures and an update tomorrow! Take care everyone!

Luv Tracy

No comments: