Sunday, December 14, 2008

Yuck!!

That about sums up how I'm feeling!! On Tuesday night I woke up with a sore throat and things have gone down hill from there ... I made a Dr. appt. on Wednesday for Thursday because I was feeling so icky. I woke up Thursday and my right leg was so sore I didn't even want to walk on it, my throat hurt and my head felt like a hot air balloon! So I called in sick, took Blake to Charlene's and slept the morning away. Then I went to my Dr. appt. I told her about my aches and pains and how my ankles have started swelling and she gave me some suggestions. She prescribed a nasal spray for my sinuses and said at this point it looks like a virus, but to come back if things get worse or change. I think I'm going to call and see if I can get in to see the Dr. again tomorrow or Tuesday, because things are not getting better. My throat feels like I have razor blades in it every time I swallow and my nose is so plugged and my head is stuffed, etc, etc! At night I can't breathe through my nose or my mouth. On the plus side, my blood pressure was good, I'm gaining weight, I'm measuring 32 weeks, and the babies heart beat was 142. So all is good with baby thank goodness! I really hope I don't pass whatever I have onto Blake. Being sick at Christmas would be no fun for him.

Cal had school this weekend, but is off work tomorrow. This week we don't have anything planned in the evenings, so hopefully we'll wrap all our Christmas gifts! I don't think I'll put anything under the tree. I'm pretty sure Blake would rip into them! We're almost done our Christmas shopping. I did a lot online this year, which I really recommend! We're not big fans of the mall on most days, let alone during the holiday rush!

We hope everyone is keeping cozy and warm! Our thermometers have plummeted here in Edmonton. Today is -37 with the wind chill. Brrrrr.....

Till next time,
Tracy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better soon Tracy! We also hope that you all havea safe and joyous Christmas! Can't believe how fast your pregnancy has gone, before you know it your newest addition will be here! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how fast it has gone either!! Feels like Mels wedding was just yesterday now there is a baby swinging in my swing and you are 32 weeks!! Crazy!!
My throat hurts just reading your post, hope you feel better soon!!
Love J Ry and Austin