Thursday, March 18, 2010

More Cute Conversations!

March 17/10

Blake: Can I take big Teddy swimming? (big Teddy is the big teddy Lindsay gave Emerson!)
Mom: I don't think we can take him to the pool Blake. How about you teach him how to swim at home?
Blake: (looks at me with a furrowed brow) Okay. (goes upstairs for a few minutes and comes down with his shirt off!)
Mom: Why is your shirt off??
Blake: I'm gonna teach big Teddy to swim, can you take my pants off?
Mom: Okay. (Take pants off and Blake goes upstairs. Few seconds later I check out what he's doing and he and big Teddy are in the bathtub and he's "teaching" him how to swim!!!!) I just LOVE his imagination these days!!!

March 18/10


Blake: Did Dad take the car or the truck to work?
Mom: I'm not sure. We'll see when we go outside.
Blake (when we get to the driveway): Dad took the car to work ... that's strange?!

Blake: Holy lots of snow is melting today! (Holy is his new "word"! Holy this and holy that ... !!)

March 20/10

Blake got a tent and tunnel from Grandma and Grandpa and he absolutely LOVES it!! He loves crawling through Colby's tunnel and the tunnels at the play gyms we go to and gymnastics, so was very excited to have his own! But, he at times comes up with different ideas for the tent and tunnel!! Today the tent was a trailer and the tunnel was a truck. The tunnel has different colors on it and Blake decided the different colors were different seats!! He wanted Em to sit in the red seat! He would then get into the front of the "truck" and drive away honking! He even stopped for gas at one point and instructed Em to stay in her seat!!

March 31/10

Blake went into his closet and pulled out his suitcase. He proceeded to pack it with his teddies, pull-ups, wipes, his soo, and his blankies. Then he pulled out his favorite hat (a brightly colored crocheted hat from my Auntie Kathy), put on his rubber boots, got his truck keys (old set of GM keys from our friend Brad) and tried to get out the door! He said he was going on a trip ... He asked if Dad had taken the car or truck to the chiropractor? I said the car, so he told me I'll take the truck then!! He asked me to take his suitcase down the outside stairs, so I did. Then he pulled up the handle and went to the truck! He pointed his keys at the truck and pushed the unlock button but of course it wouldn't unlock!! He looked at me with this look that said, "Now what??!" So I told him Dad had all the truck keys and maybe we should go inside for supper and ask Dad if he has the keys when he gets home!! It was so funny to see him going around the house gathering everything and stuffing it in his suitcase! Before he went out the front door I asked him if I could take his picture before he went on his big trip (I had to include the picture!!)!!



I love witnessing his awesome imagination in action!!! Many times through out the day he comes up with the funniest stories and adventures! He often likes to do this rather than playing with toys! It's great!! Although, I do have to make sure the front door is locked, because he can open both doors and I don't want to be changing Em or something and him decide to go on a trip!!! The other thing he likes to do is check the weather - he opens the door and stands on the front step and then comes back in and reports on the weather!!! Kinda windy, kinda cold, pretty nice ...

I'm trying to keep track of all these little things and write them down, because I know I'll forget otherwise ;)

Tracy

No comments: