Saturday, August 21, 2010

UC Baby :)

After re-scheduling two times, we finally had our UC Baby appointment on Thursday :)  I was 28 weeks exactly on Thursday.  The appointment was great!!  It is so amazing to see our little one moving around, making different facial expressions, sucking its toe, yawning, opening its eyes, etc. 
UC Baby is always an amazing experience!!  Blake did great at the appointment, watched the t.v. screen off and on and played or had a snack the rest of the time!  Emerson wasn't into it at all, she spent the majority of her time cuddling Grandma D and Dad!  She's so funny, it seems like she really doesn't like me laying on a table being "examined" in anyway!!  Blake talked to Grandpa during the ultrasound and told him the baby was dancing around ;)  It's hard to say who the baby looks the most like, since Blake and Em looked pretty much identical at birth.  I think the baby has a chin more like mine (more pointy vs. wide!).  In some pictures I thought it looked like a boy and in some like a girl!  We really have no idea!!  You could clearly see the babies eyebrows and hair on its head.  The ultrasound tech said it has a very fine covering of hair and she thinks it will be light in color?!  We shall see ...  She also predicted the baby will be around 7 lbs 6 oz, but I'm not putting any money on that, considering she said the exact same thing with Blake and Em and she also told Lesley her daughter would be that weight!!!  And guess what?  All 3 babies were under 7 lbs!  Although I wouldn't be surprised if this one is bigger then Blake and Em, I would be surprised if it was smaller!  I also had a Dr. appointment on Thursday.  I'm measuring right at 28 weeks and at the appointment the babies hr was around 135.  At UC Baby it was 146, but maybe that was due to all the sugar it was receiving from all the lollipops I was sucking on to get it to "dance"!!?  I've gained 3 kg, which I have no idea how many lbs that translates to.  It's hard to believe I am 28 weeks already.  Time continues to pass faster and faster and faster and I'm sure after this baby arrives it will go even faster :S  We hope everyone is having a great weekend, we're off to the Canadian Derby when Emerson wakes up from her nap!

Take care,

Cal, Tracy, Blake, Emerson and Baby

2 comments:

Gerry and Lesley said...

Yay!! Such an amazing experience for the entire family to "meet" the new baby! :) He/she is adorable! Can't wait to meet you, our beautiful niece/nephew!
xoxo
Auntie Lesley
PS - Tracy, glad you're feeling a bit better these days. But.... SO not fair that you've only gained 3 kg... that's only like 6.5 lbs.!!!!! How is that possible?!? ;)

The Cameron Family 5 said...

Hmmm ... that doesn't sound right, does it?! I'll have to check next appt.! I'm pretty sure this growing tummy would account for more then 6.5 lbs!! lol!