Sunday, September 19, 2010

Hi Ho, Hi Ho ...

It's off to work I go!!  I'm picking up some casual shifts at FSHC in the next few months.  My replacement has moved on already!  She accepted an awesome job with the Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine at the U of A, an opportunity that she'd be crazy to let pass by ... I only wish this position would have popped up five or six years from now and I would have applied!!  So I'm going to work most Mondays until November or until they hire someone into the position.  Cal is home on Mondays, so it works out great childcare wise.  And I'll be happy to make some extra moola before the most expensive time of year - Christmas!!!

We had a great weekend!  Saturday morning Cal took Blake to his hockey practice and I took Emerson to her swimming lesson.  Both kids had fun!  Saturday afternoon we headed to Stony Plain to celebrate our niece Jenna's 1st birthday.  We had fun watching Jenna opening gifts and enjoying her cake :)  The kids also enjoyed playing with many of their cousins, Aunts, Uncles, and Grandma and Grandpa Cameron.  It was a great afternoon/evening!  Thanks Stony Plain Cameron's :)

Today we spent the day at home.  Emerson had a rough night last night.  Not sure if that was due to going to bed 3 1/2 hours later then usual or because of the cold she's getting.  Thankfully, both kids slept in and my amazing, wonderful, spectacular, fabulous, handsome, etc, etc, hubby let me sleep in even longer :)  I felt like crap this morning, but was feeling better within a few hours!  Unfortunately Blake is getting a cold too, although he seems to handle the sniffles and sneezing much better then our little drama queen :)  Poor Em was totally off today ... hopefully they'll both be feeling a bit better tomorrow for their day home with Dad!  They both went to bed great and have been sleeping good, lets hope that continues until morning.

I feel like we have a busy week coming up, but if the kids aren't feeling well we might have to cancel some of our daytime plans.  Tuesday/Thursday is the usual, Wednesday we were hoping to go to Sing, Sign, Laugh and Learn with Christa and Berlyn, Wednesday evening I have a Sweet Momma massage (YAY!) and Friday we were going to the Helm's for a play date!  Friday evening I am taking a van full of ladies to the Alberta Rehabilitation Coordinating Council Awards in Camrose - ROAD TRIP!!  lol!  I told them to bring a DVD for the van ride if they want ... lol!!  Saturday we have hockey and swimming, as well as a Cameron family function.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and is keeping warm and sane during this dreary weather ...  I for one am sick of the rain, although I do prefer the rain to snow at this time of year ;)

Take care,

Tracy

1 comment:

Gerry and Lesley said...

Thanks again for coming to celebrate Jenna's 1st birthday! It was great to have you all here!
Hope the kids are feeling better soon... definitely something still going around everywhere, it seems.
Take care, sounds like you have a busy week!!
xoxo
Lesley