Friday, October 16, 2015

Blake

Blake is enjoying grade 3 but he has complained it is boring ... which I know it isn't!  I mean, it just can't be.  I could only imagine if he wasn't in French Immersion, the "It's boring" comments would be doubled, I'm sure.  I'm looking forward to his first report card and SLA results.  His teacher says he is doing great and all his marks thus far have been great, sometimes even 110% with the bonus question ;)  This year he continues with his French spelling words and now also has English spelling words.  I love the English spelling words as I can actually say these words, without assistance from some Internet robot!!!  French Immersion is a lot of work, not only for the student but for the parents ;) 

Blake's joined the school choir, which I think is really cool!  I'm glad to see him involved in a non-sport activity!  He has choir every Tuesday after school for 1 hour.  He also has hockey practice every Tuesday, so Tuesday's are busy.  It's home from school/choir, make supper, eat and off to hockey practice.  He's going to have to do his home reading in the truck on the way to practice because it's bedtime as soon as he gets home.  Typically he has one more practice every week, always has a game, sometimes has a dryland practice and sometimes has a team power skating ice time.  So basically, he has a hockey-related activity 3-4 days a week, but 4 most weeks.  He's enjoying his new team and they're all becoming fast friends!  His D partner is taller than him, hard to believe, and they have nick-named themselves 'the twin towers." lol!!  Today after school he was talking to a friend about trick-or-treating together and I over heard him say, "I should invite my twin tower!  He's on my hockey team." and he went on to explain the whole twin tower nickname!!!  So funny!  Blake's also still in swimming lessons and doing great, swimming lengths now and loving every second.  Awhile ago we bought him goggles and they have really helped.  Blake also plays soccer or baseball everyday after school. Talk about an active boy!  He's go-go-go and has so much energy, I wish I could have even an 1/8th of it ;)  As on the go as he is, he is also in love with his NHL '15 XBox game and his NHL YouTube videos!  He knows almost every hockey player and all their stats.  He can talk hours on end about stats.  He loves to read his Dad's Hockey News and Sport Illustrated magazines and helps Cal with hockey drafts, pools and loser pools!  As I've said many times before, he's a mini-Cal at times ;)  Loves his sports and has an amazing memory for stats and trivia!  He also has an interest in history and has been taking books out of the library on the WW's and geography.  Recently my Dad visited with his Uncle who was in WW II and Blake is quite enthralled with that information!  He took a book out of the library about WW II aircraft and asked me, "Do you think this is the kind of plane Grandpa's Uncle flew?"  I told him he'll have to ask Grandpa!!

We're pretty proud of Blake are enjoying the young man he's growing into :)

~Tracy

No comments: