Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Reesey

I think it's time for a Reese update :)  There's been so many changes in Reese's day to day, since the beginning of September!  

Reese feels so-so about the day home.  But she did have a good week at Maria's house, last week!  And by week I mean Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:30 to 3!!  She feels like she's there forever but really, she's barely there.  Maria lives less than a block from our school, so on Reese's day home days Maria picks Reese up from K and walks her to her house and at the end of the day, Maria walks Reese to the school where I meet her and then pick up Blake and Emerson!  If I make it to the school early, I pick up Reese from Maria's house.  Reese has had a few teary moments, mostly due to not wanting to leave a water bottle at Maria's house and not liking the lunch Maria has cooked.  Reese is definitely sensitive and it doesn't take much for her to get tears in her eyes ;)  So we decided it is fine for Reese to bring a water bottle to the day home and home vs leaving one at the day home.  She's happy with this!  And now the new rule with lunch is that she has to try it.  Maria told her if she thinks it's gross, she doesn't have to eat it!  This has lead to the discovery of many new foods that Reese will eat!!  I didn't think she was a picky eater but when I had to list the foods she likes, I realized maybe she is a little picky ... I'm just used to it.  So those have been the only 2 day home issues that Reese has had and they seem to be solved!  She's always happy when I pick her up, the tears are usually around lunch time.  Hopefully they're a thing of the past now!  

Reese is LOVING kindergarten and Mme. Sina said she is doing great and is starting to participate more in class.  She is coming home with new French words every week and French songs!  Her printing is getting much better and she is grasping her pencil correctly 100% of the time :)  I brought home our printing module from work for the girls and Reese loves working on hers!  She loves cutting and has been cutting out all sorts of shapes and pictures.  I'm looking forward to volunteering on her first field trip to Fort Edmonton Park and I know she will be so excited that I actually get to pick her up from school on that day!!

Reese is keeping busy with her extra curricular activities!  She still loves swimming lessons and continues to improve!  This past Friday her group went in the deep end and she was swimming underwater, unassisted!  She was very proud!  Her music class is going great.  So far I've been able to take her to all her classes but now my Mom and Cal will be taking turns until mid-December.  Reese comes home from every music class with her duo tang and homework :) The last classes homework was to work on tapping a beat with her foot.  It's pretty cute seeing her attempt that!!  I'm not sure if I'll be able to get her into the same class in the new year (this semester is over in December) but I'm hoping there might be a Thursday class so I can!  Ringette starts next weekend and I'm so excited!  Reese is a bit hesitant, she says her feet hurt ;)  Her skates were too big last year so maybe this year they'll feel better?!  I helping coach again this year.  

It's great to have Thursday's off with Reese but we're doing more housework and errands, than we'd both like.  I think we're going to have to just put that all aside and get it done another time because one of the reasons I was looking forward to Thursday's off was that I'd get a few hours with just Reese!  I think next Thursday that will all have to wait and Reese will pick what we do.  I'm 99% sure she will say, "Play Barbies!!"

Reese is growing up so fast and we are so proud of her :)  I knew all the new transitions in September would be hard on her but she's dealt with them like a champ!!

Next up, Em's update!!

xo
Tracy

No comments: